There will be 2 billion smartphones worldwide by 20161 – (that’s more than a quarter of the world’s population!)
The number of smartphone users has risen from 35% in 2011 to 64% in 20152. The mobile market is converting to smartphones – giving users the power to do almost everything on the move, from social networking to banking.
For the first time, there are now more mobile users than desktop users.
And email is one of the most used features…
It’s been reported that we spend 9 minutes on email via a mobile device – accounting for 7.6% of the total 119 minutes we use our phone per day.4
Mobile email opens have grown by over 180% in three years. In early 2011 they stood at around 15%. This has now risen to around 45%.5
75 percent of the 900 million Gmail users access their accounts on mobile devices.7
61% of consumers now read at least some of their emails on a mobile device.8
Increasingly, users are ‘always connected’ via their mobile devices. This gives email marketers a powerful opportunity to reach prospects, wherever they may be, in a really timely manner.
If an email does not display correctly, 71.2% will delete it immediately.10
But the growth of mobile is only one part of the unfolding story of responsive email design. Users are also reading email via a huge range of different screen resolutions, operating systems and web browsers.
Responsive email designs don’t just adapt to devices. They display optimally across all screen sizes, OS and browsers.
With your audience consuming email in so many different ways – and with responsive email becoming the norm across the industry – one thing is clear, designing emails that look good for everyone is no longer optional!
What are you waiting for?
Know how we can help you delight your customers.
1. eMarketer.com – Smartphone Users and Penetration Worldwide, 2013 – 2018
2. Pew Research Center – U.S. Smartphone Use in 2015
4. O2 – Mobile Life Report UK, 2013
5. Campaign Monitor – Email Interaction Across Mobile and Desktop, Q1 2014
6. Adestra – Top 10 Email Clients, March 2015
7. Google/TechCrunch – I/O Developers Conference, May 2015
8. Yesmail – Email Compass: The Mobile Effect, 2013
9. LiveClicker and the Relevancy Group – Exploring the Benefits Real-Time Email – Driving Marketing Effectiveness, 2015
10. BlueHornet – Consumer Views of Email Marketing, 2014